Travel Risk Management
Safety and security are primary concerns to those who travel. Whether we are traveling locally, regionally or globally, there are threats out there that can turn a business or pleasure trip into a nightmare experience. Threat risk management helps us to plan for travel by identifying potential threats that could have a negative impact and assessing whether or not the risk is worth taking to proceed. We can then decide to continue or cancel the trip, or plan deviations to avoid these threats.
Travel risk management (TRM) is a comprehensive, consistent and proactive approach to protecting your employee and your organization from travel risks. The broader notion of travel risk management and duty of care is not just linked to how well your organization can respond to a crisis—but rather, how well it can actually prevent a crisis from happening in the first place.
Studies showed that:
- 1 out of every 2 travelers will develop some type of health problem
- 86% of corporate travelers believe their company has a legal obligation to support them abroad
- Over 50% would consider taking legal action in the event of an emergency being mishandled
One of TMC’s duty toward its clients is handling the organizations TRM (Travel risk management), Globalization has increased mobility of people. Today, many workers from junior to senior positions travel for business. Travelling involves expenditures, risk and opportunities for the organization that needs to be well managed to maximize the results for that a TMC should provide a TRM program where its key elements are:
- Travel Risk Intelligence
- Pre-Travel Training
- Crisis Management Planning
- Itinerary Traveler Tracking
- GPS/Personnel Tracking
- Automated Alerts
- 24/7/365 Assistance
- Emergency Medical & Security Response and Evacuation