The state of Wearable Tech
A study by Boxever shows the current status of wearable tech in the travel industry – Market realities and consumer attitudes.
At the time of the study:
- 22.47M Apple watches was expected to be sold in 2015.
- 6% of U.S. adults plan to buy Apple Watch
- 35% the compounding annual growth rate of wearables (in general) over the next five years
Apple Watch-ready apps are proliferating across industries.
According to a survey by Boxeverof consumers:
- 0% identified wearable tech as their prefered channel for receiving offers and communication from the brands they follow – most preferred channel: Email (35.88%)
- 31% would be OK with brands pushing advertisements and offers to wearable tech only if communication was extremely targeted, personalized and contextual, and done on a limited basis – The number jumps to 40% for millennials
- 59% say that brands should never leverage wearable tech like the Apple Watch for advertising and marketing offers.
When asked “what impact does receiving multiple offers from a company that are irrelevant and does not meet your needs have on you?” consumers responded as follows:
- 59% said they are likely to unsubscribe from that company’s content.
- 31% said they are likely to delete that company’s mobile app.
- 50% said they are less likely to open the next offer that comes from that company.
- 40% said they are less likely to buy from that company
We would love to know your thoughts! Let us know in the comments below.